View Single Post
Old 12-30-2023, 09:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

FWIW, the shipping weight for the 10,000 Lb. Advantage lift is 1465 Lbs. The 12,000 lift is 2250 Lbs., so yes, the extra 2,000 Lb rating gets you quite a bit more steel (just shy of 600 Lbss.) in the construction of the lift.

At this point I waited too long to pour the thicker footing, and I'll wait until spring for warmer weather.

Having talked to Mike, and finding out his anchors have loosened up when he's retorqued them previously, I did some research to avoid this problem. The answer I have found is using a 2 part epoxy mix to actually fuse the threaded anchor rod to the concrete. From the research once this fix was done the anchors rods stay put, when they're retorqued there is no movement.

If you install conventional concrete anchors first, then they slip, you have to drill the outer casing out, or beat it clear through the concrete into the dirt below before you can use the epoxy fix. I figured just to be safe I'll epoxy them in from the get go, and avoid the drama. I want no problems after I install it, I just hate doing things over a second time.

Having spent over 5 decades working with almost every lift configuration there is, there is no configuration that lends itself to actually working on the whole bottom side of the vehicle like a 2 post does. Since I'm not going to use the lift for any other purpose than working on vehicles, this was my logical choice.....YMMV

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Last edited by Sirrotica; 12-30-2023 at 09:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post: