View Single Post
Old 12-28-2023, 09:15 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78w72 View Post
Agree 1qt of ATF or diesel etc... shouldn't hurt the engine but taking it easy while driving a short distance or idling since it does dilute the oils properties is a good idea... but the main point is ATF has much lower amounts of detergents as normal oils, so there isn't any reason or advantage to using it at any concentration over normal oil or other products designed to flush/clean an engine.

With the analysis results showing how low the detergents & all other additives are compared to oil, I hope this shows that using ATF to clean an engine is a flawed myth and using it full strength in an engine is not "wise" and will cause excessive wear that is just asking for problems.

Thanks to those who have voted so far.
Mikes reply:

Let me know how to vote, please.

Open up a filter one inch from the bottom around the circumference of the filter, then remove the guts and look between the pleats, I saw a video the other day on that topic.

I can eat off the Engine in my Engine Bay, both inside and out and dushing the Motor with Trans. fluid did not hurt my Engine, stop taking what I said out of context.

The problem with my Engine is this: "How many of you have heard that if you build the upper end of the motor only, that the bottom end will fail and vicea- versa.

Well, I built the entire upper end and now the bottom end failed. I guess they were correct. Most likely we think the strong top end out powered the weak old ancient lower end.

It was a good thing that we remanufactured the Heads at this time, because one Valve had 3 hair line cracks and at least 2 Valve seats were installed for the Exhaust Valves.

When we first started my 1967 428 ci HO with a 1966 Tri-power and TH 400 Trans. we found shortly there after while reaching speeds equal to 130 mph, that we were bending push rods x 2. Because we had a worn out 588 cam and a crack in a stud bolt to Rocker. Over the past 10 years we have found and fixed each issue, as they occurred.

Now the bottom end was found to have seven of eight pistons in backwards and at least one rod in backwards, some think it was a race thing to do, I think if you're going to reverse Pistons then do them all or not at all. Reversing a Rod is never done or so I have learned. Now I have to build the lower end and you will find me @ The next Thread will be called: 1967 Pontiac 428 ci Block" Build or not to Build", Myself?

I would have begun today with this new Thread but I stumbled across this one and found it interesting that it was about me.

P.S. This topic was done when it was in my post. Why bring it up in a new post, haven't you realized that people clean their motors the way it works for them, right wrong or indifferent?

Like you rudely did to me, please moderator put a stop to this madness, why let it go on any longer?