View Single Post
Old 12-28-2023, 05:43 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
I did a very thorough engine flush on an old 396 once. I flooded the engine with about a gallon of raw fuel and went for a 30-minute drive ... finally noticed a strong fuel smell and that my oil pressure was about half of what it normally was ... drained the oil/gas mixture, refilled, and the engine ran better than ever before. Worked like a charm!!! Just glad I didn't somehow get an errant spark in the crankcase while I was driving it ...
Mikes reply :

I am the one that originally said to put 2 gal Trans. fluid in to clean a motor, because a Trans. mechanic took a new motor and after break in with oil, drained it and went 300 k miles and when he went to rebuild the motor it was as clean as new.

The problem with my vehicle is not because of the cleaning with ATF, I only said that I won't discount that I used it several times while I was diagnosing what the true problem was. People like to take things out of context to prove their point...

Secondly, I had a fuel leak in a motorcycle that got into the cylinders through the intake valves, I did not know it at the time but I was running the bike in the driveway with gas in the oil. It was a 1984 Honda 700 nighthawk with oil that runs through the frame to the cooler and back. It did not hurt anything, thank God...