View Single Post
Old 12-25-2023, 10:51 AM

Thanks for all the fantastic suggestions. I’ll be the one measuring & checking everything, I’m hoping to have as little machine work as possible, mostly for budget reasons but also for the experience of doing it myself. I haven’t built a V8 in 25 years or so & may eventually have a proper built engine done for the car but for now I want to do it for the sake of doing it. I’m strongly considering the Mellings 068 clone with their lifters but all the horror stories have me spooked. Without question I will inspect whoever’s lifters that I purchase for a crown as well as mark the pushrods to make sure that they spin before I fire the motor. I can mic the cam but I’m thinking that we are more concerned about lobe profiles & quality cores correct? I realize that parts today aren’t what they once were, actually I’m a manufacturers representative in the industry so trust me I’ve watched quality sink to the bottom of the barrel over the last 20 years, I’m just trying to put my best foot forward to reduce the likelihood of failure.

I still need a convertor for the 350 so that can be changed for the cam, whatever is streetable is what I’m looking for. A nice tight convertor vs the old school loose sloppy converters that I had in the past, again I want to drive & enjoy the car but want a healthy combo.