View Single Post
Old 12-18-2023, 07:46 PM

Default 69 T/A Pypes 2.5" SGF70 system

I started a thread some months back when I was undecided on which exhaust system to go with on my T/A. Thanks to all replies, i decided on the SGF70 Pypes system with the transverse race-pro muffler. Was very pleased with how tightly it fit with no sag. After finally getting everything together, I fired up the freshly rebuilt motor for the first time, & man it's rowdy. I like it.
However, I found a leak where the pass. side manifold meets the downpipe. Seems the geometry is a little off, as the downpipe is not sitting flush on the manifold (original long branch). in order for it to fit properly, the downpipe would be angled up & hitting on the trans crossmember.
The folks at Pypes say they've never had this problem, and to loosen everything & try to manipulate it. No go.
I spoke with a shop that has a pipe bender to hopefully tweak it a little bit for me, but he said there's not enough meat on the end to clamp onto where the bend is to mount on the machine.
I then started to suspect motor/trans mounts. The trans mount I used was a thick polyurethane one that I removed & put the original rubber one back on. It improved it a little bit, but not enough. I'm now looking at the motor mounts. They're Butler, which I chose for oil pan clearance issues, as they were highly recommended to correct this common problem. I want to stick with them, but not if they are potentially the problem.
Before I go through the trouble of putting the original mounts back in, I'd like to get some feedback first, & see if anyone else has run into this issue. Any & all suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance. JAB.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2534 (1).jpg
Views:	179
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	625243   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2535 (1).jpg
Views:	209
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	625244