View Single Post
Old 12-15-2023, 03:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG View Post
Hard to tell the percentage of people having problems when only people who have problems post that info. I would never put an ugly HEI in my engine bay regardless of how they perform, but that's personal preference. .
Exactly. Only those that want to complain will post on the internet. That doesn't account for the millions in service that are perfectly fine. MSD is still the leading ignition manufacture in use today for all of motorsports. Yeah you get a few rotten apples but it's like that with anything you buy.

I've used MSD products for about 35 years and counting, on multiple cars in my own fleet as well as customer stuff, even my daily drivers. To date I've only had 2 problems during that time. One multi spark box was dead right out of the package, and the other was an HEI to MSD conversion where the module failed. Neither were a huge deal.

Both times MSD took care of it very quickly and at no charge. That's how you judge a company

I agree, don't care for HEI's. Don't want to look at them, and to be honest, they have just as much chance of failure as any MSD out there. It's electronics after all

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE