View Single Post
Old 12-11-2023, 11:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
And don't forget what I was telling you about the purple wire in the first place, it gets baked over the years and will become a resistor. A volt meter would be more useful than a trouble light because even at low voltage it will light that bulb but the voltage may be only five or six volts when you need at least 10 or so applied by the purple wire to the S terminal.
Basically, I snipped my purple wire about 4 inches from the firewall under the hood and spliced in a new wire. I even made it pluggable because at the time I wasn't 100% sure if it was going to hold up. Now I have a place where I can unplug it and jumper it to the battery if I ever need to.
I even made a jumper with a push button so that I can bump the engine while adjusting valves and that kind of stuff.
Greg - I actually have a new OEM harness, so the wires are in pretty good shape.

Do you recall where the purple wire is routed to? I need to do some investigating.