View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 11:31 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchmitz View Post
Those glass fuel filters are dangerous junk! The ends are made of very cheap aluminum or pot metal. They thread together. They can come loose or the threads strip out and come apart. One stray spark and your car burns to the ground.
Mikes reply:

We can't have that happen, there are two of them on this Vehicle one after the Pump I think and the other up front near the remote oil filter fuel pressure gauge through hole in the radiator support. My roommate is going to go over the fuel system while it is up on the blocks, these filters will be replaced this week. We are preforming the Trans. pressure tests by the book, because we have not addressed this issue since the remanufacturing of this TH 400 Trans. This Trans. runs and performances well but We want to see the numbers for safety's sake. One can't spend two years on a project and then cut yourself short at the end.

I hope you guys that doubted my methods can now see that there is a method behind my madness. I move inches not feet and I look at the last thing that I touched prior to something breaking or making a noise as I just learned. Thank you to the PY forum member that told me to check the Harmonic balancer and the Flexplate especially if you told me about both, this is what this forum group activity is all about, comradery at its best. We may not get along all the time, but the more I get to talk with you all I gain more respect for each of you.

I was lucky to have taken my chances on the Flexplate, primarily because it was a cheap fix over rebuilding an entire motor now, after coming off a Trans. build, I needed the rest. God, be with me and let this motor work under a load without some nasty noise occurring, Amen.