View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 09:37 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchmitz View Post
Infomercial now?

Please tell us more about the aluminum headers. Those may be the first ones ever made!
Mikes reply:

Been up all night, I forgot that Pontiac had used them on short race tracks only because they got hot too fast to run on the road or long tracks, my bad, I retract that statement and stand corrected.

The Headers are made of metal and coated with porcelain, inside and out.

You said: " Infomercial now"?

Mikes reply:

I have to keep my other 44,000 readers of this Thread interested in the Pontiac Experience, someone, some were, may just benefit from these commercials.

The picture of the P.S. fender is where I attached the remote oil filter. In front of that area, is a hole about 6" x 6" through the radiator support, on the other side, toward the inside, we attached the MSD and sidekick fan motor inside, with a small radiator type cooler, that we use for water from the Heater core to the side-kick cooler, for extra cooling capabilities like when we run the AC in traffic or stop and go traffic or stopped at a bridge down here in Florida.

Truth be known, the side kick and the condenser fans came ten years ago before we learned about factory type ways of cooling Pontiac Motors with AC or the Pontiac and 421 mods from the Internet. We once had pulled the condenser out of this vehicle, while we waited for a new one to come in. We decided to put it back together the way it was and that turned out to be an experience that I will never forget. I liken it to having a piece of plywood out in front of the vehicle by "not" having the condenser in the way. For the first time, I could drive at 30 degrees less at the Temp gauge.

I had an Inferior clutch and no holes in the Thermostat yet, both upgrading to the HD Temp. actuated clutch and a good three-hole Thermostat, would have made even more of a positive difference. I did not even know anything about them nor the 421 and Pontiac mod. yet either, for they too would have made a positive difference. The first mod. that I performed on this Engine was the Pontiac water pump mod., that by hammering the plate to a tighter tolerance helped the water flow better, in fact when I opened the radiator cap, I could see the water jumping across the top of the radiator like a garden hose that was putting out a fire.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	624554   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inner fender Yellow.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	624555   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inner Seats.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	624556   Click image for larger version

Name:	Licence Tag finished body work detail.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	624557   Click image for larger version

Name:	How the Engine looked when I bought car.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	624558  

Last edited by TRADERMIKE 2012; 12-06-2023 at 10:24 AM.