View Single Post
Old 12-05-2023, 02:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

Definitely one of the drawbacks of the AFX spindle. Its brake package availability precludes a lot of the popular off the shelf wheels for these cars. The US Mags Bandit may work though. I'd get the brake template from Kore3 that you were after and send it over to US Mags. They'll be able to tell you if there is going to be any caliper interference issues.

If your plan doesn't include some larger wheels, I wouldn't even bother with the control arms. I'd run the stock arms with new bushings, a tall upper ball joint, the springs and shocks of your choice and a front and rear sway bar.

Given the budget constraints, if your goal is still much improved handling, I'd take out the AFX spindle and run a stock type spindle so you can use brakes designed around it. That gets you back to being able to utilize most of the off the shelf wheel options that are cheaper. You just can't use any of the C5/C6 corvette stuff. It's either the stock type 11" discs or if you are doing a bigger brake setup, Wilwood or Baer designed for the stock spindle.

Last edited by JLMounce; 12-05-2023 at 02:27 PM.