View Single Post
Old 11-30-2023, 05:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm 474 View Post
Thanks for all of the good info Cliff, we will do some more testing soon. I also forgot to mention, that the Performer RPM intake we are using is the Edelbrock 7101, which is a squarebore style, so we are using the Mr Gasket #1932 squarebore to spreadbore spacer to mount the Q-Jet on it. We did this because we already had the intake on hand, but other people I have read using them says they can cause issues some times, not sealing the passages of the baseplate of the carburetor correctly, depending on the year of Q-Jet being used. Others say they are extremely restrictive, and you don't really notice how restrictive the spacer is, until you look at it from the bottom side, with the Q-Jet set on it. I have seen others say it can cause issue, because it is an open spacer, with no divider, like a normal Q-Jet intake has, so you lose the advantage of the dual plane intake. I am sure that it probably isn't all of our problem, but may contributes... maybe we should start looking for an Edelbrock 7104, which is the same intake manifold, but the Spreadbore version. What are your thoughts?
We went ahead and grabbed a new Edelbrock 7104 Performer RPM intake to put on it, that is made for the spreadbore Q-Jet. We found a good deal on a new one, so we went ahead grabbed it. I would still like to hear your thoughts on the carb adapter