View Single Post
Old 11-24-2023, 11:22 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1964 GP View Post
my 1964 GP has the 8 lug wheels and i want to put torque thrust wheels on it. But the front wheels on a 1964 GP have the brake drum bolted onto the spindle where the hub would go. (some Grand prix's had regular 5 bolt wheels)
I am looking for 5 bolt hubs for my 1964 GP but I cant find any place that has them. some places have 5 bolt hubs for a 1964 GTO. Does anyone know if the 1964 GTO front hubs would work on a 1964 GP?
You're better off creating a new thread for each question you have. It's easier for people to respond and also for you and other members to look up in the future if needed.

You won't be able to use '64 GTO spindles on your '64 GP. The suspension and steering geometry are completely different between the cars, as well as different bolt patterns. Someone smarter than me can probably reply with additional info on how to make the conversion from 8 lug to standard brakes on the GP, but I recommend searching Ebay for used '64 Catalina/GP/Bonneville spindles. You can also try Pontiac parts yards like Pontiac Heaven in AZ or Frank's Pontiac in CA. They can probably remove a pair of spindles for you and ship them to you. I'm not aware of any companies which are reproducing the spindles for our large cars as new parts.