View Single Post
Old 11-09-2023, 01:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There’s a little more to this, the 2-4 intake doesn’t come with a crossover. They give you the opportunity rather then have to pay someone to port match to you heads, so price out the whole thing. 2-4 intake port matched to a 340 cfm head is a total of 765.00 if you add the Insurance, that’s kind of odd asking if you want Insurance. Now your also going to need the Crossover which is a 90.00 bucks.

They also ask you what state, sales tax is different for all states, So that intake with crossover for a 340 cfm head is a whopping 914.85. So now we get into the big question linkage, how much ( if the offer it ) is that going to be. Or good luck chasing it all down. You could easily spend another 100-150.00 for linkage set up.

I say this show the buyer beware, of what you getting into. Like I said if you’re going for the nostalgia look and fitting this all under the hood, that shouldn’t be a problem. But The Plenum area, obviously from the pictures it’s very lacking. My guess is so everything will fit under the hood. Again I’m not knocking it it’s great for the guys going for the nostalgia look. But having the capability of making 750 hp, you are definitely going to need more than 1 inch spacer. I know I know there’s going to be disagreement on that. Forget the 750 hp, you just want the nostalgia look and hay say 500 hp.

Just be aware its not exactly as its presented in this discussion. By time your done you could very well end up spending more like 1150.00. Also keep in mind the cost of the 2 Carburetors fuel and lines. You could well be into the whole deal for 1800-1900 bucks by time every thing is said and done.

Again I’m not knocking it, its great. For a guy that money is no object, and theres many out there, will jump all over it. Because he wants to get all original look at nostalgic GTO.