View Single Post
Old 10-28-2023, 02:29 PM

Unhappy

It looks to me that what you're planning should work. Although personally I would source the canister from someplace like NAPA as you really don't have any guarantee as to what is actually inside something from Amazon or Ebay.

Since virtually every gasoline vehicle since the 70's has a canister I would hit the wrecking yard and find one to hook up as a test to see if it cures your issue.

You might not even have to hook up the purge line for a short test period.

It might of been mentioned but are you running a non-vented fuel cap?

That Mopar anti fuel slosh unit looks slick unless it's the size of a quart Mason jar. 71-72 Chevy pick ups didn't have a specific unit they just ran the vent line to the canister up inside the B-pillar to about the middle of the rear window. (First picture) Whereas on Suburbans and Blazers they installed a anti slosh unit. (Second picture)

On second gen f-bodies there is a metal canister attached to the divider between the trunk and rear seat that is the anti slosh unit. It's also found on most 70's GM big cars.

I say try it and please share your findings so we all learn more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuel-return-line.gif
Views:	57
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	622395   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220405_141346.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	622396