View Single Post
Old 10-25-2023, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quad and Joe-Touring, thank you for the info. the links to learning the "whys" of reversion/scavenging/backpressure in relation to cam overlap was exactly what I wanted to understand better. using the wallace racing calculator i'm at 76.50 overlap that puts my cam on the top end-ish territory of horsepower loss with rare manifolds. with that however, also learned intake dual plane/single plane makes no difference.

this puts my particular combo to a great (to me) test. as stated I have the rare manifolds on now and will see how carb tuning & timing affects the engine.

the end game is that if I get the engine idle and exhaust tuned in running clean with the manifolds I don't mind giving up horsepower.

but if not, I certainly have no problem going back to headers. this engine was originally built to use headers so I realized using exhaust manifolds could have an adverse effect but thought only with horsepower loss not tuneability. will gladly go with headers if required definitely will not change cams over it. engine is a healthy 10 year old engine no way I want to tear into it, looking forward to seeing how many years it lasts with my heavy foot!