View Single Post
Old 10-25-2023, 05:19 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Try the easiest things first. I listened to both vids and can't tell for myself if the entire noise is coming from the outside, I'm going to assume yes?

From what I hear and the way it looks when you're working the peddle it seems to be totally linkage related and possibly due to worn bushings.

Try removing the return spring #20. Have you replaced the bushings #23 and confirmed no movement in the bellcrank other than the rotation?

The movement in the clutch fork is common, it rides on the clutch fork pivot ball. That said, you can't rule it out so you want to check everything.

Use a piece of sweeper hose as a stethoscope, have your "mechanic" work the peddle while inspecting the bellhousing and linkage related areas.

The obvious sound should lead you to the root of the problem. Keep in mind there is also a bushing on the brake and clutch pedal pivot bolt #5.

A bit odd it's quiet after cooling down. You'll figure it out, just takes patience and time, reserve that $20 for your deserving "mechanic".

Frank

Last edited by 4zpeed; 10-25-2023 at 05:26 AM.