View Single Post
Old 10-23-2023, 04:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1961 Ventura built by Dave Bennett

Long time members will remember Dave Bennett, the former president of POCI. He tragically died in a fall accident in 2012 (went out to walk his dog one cold morning and slipped on the ice in his driveway.) His last project was a 1961 Ventura restomod. It had an Indian Adventures block with Edelbrock heads, a 700R transmission, 8 lug wheels converted to disk by Roush, hard back bucket seats he found stored away in a shed at a salvage yard somewhere that still had amazing original upholstery, and more.

As I remember he found the car sitting in someone's back yard somewhere in California, it was completely rust free except for one spot where mice had built a nest in the headliner and rusted out the edge of the roof.

Anyway, I was browsing around online today and happened to find the car. It sold at a Mecum auction in 2016, and I don't know where it was in the meantime but it's now listed for sale on the Pulse Exotics website for $115,000. https://pulseexotics.com/products/19...ntura-restomod I played a very minor part in the build...the heater and heater controls in the car came out of my parts stash, they were originally from my very first car, a '61 Catalina I bought as a kid back in the 1970s.

It's out of my price range but it is a stunning car.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61 ventura dave bennett.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	622125  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post: