View Single Post
Old 10-15-2023, 10:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCirque View Post
Does Procar come with the seatbelt loop to direct the shoulder belt?

Any comments on headroom with Procar seats installed? The stock seats sit pretty low providing headroom. Looking at their website, seat bottoms seem taller than OEM.
no seatbelt loop on the procar rally seats, my car is a 72 so the belts are supposed to be retained on clips up at the headliner sides... on other later 2nd gen cars ive had years ago the plastic retainers on the seats were always broken or missing & the belts didnt really bother me, they are nice to have but not a deal breaker on the procar seats to me.

the seat do sit taller when using their seat tracks... thats why i chose to make brackets to retain the stock seat tracks, using the stock tracks they sit pretty much the same as stock seats. If anything you sit in the seat a little lower, even if the bottoms may be a little taller, factory seats have thicker "pillowy" foam that when new or in good condition seems to make you sit higher or at the same height as the procars firmer/lower seat bottom/foam... if that makes sense? Im about 5'10" and have pleenty of headroom, even with a helmet on at the dragstrip... my dad is about 6'2" and can sit in the car comfortably & even did some track time with a helmet but was about 1" from hitting the roof.

I can help with how I made the brackets/straps to use the factory tracks if needed, the procar tracks are expensive & sit much higher.