View Single Post
Old 09-21-2023, 06:34 PM
Senior Chief

I had a standard T/A flat pedestal spoiler, when I had my 1986 G.P. I had 15 x 8" snowflakes and 235 60 15 tires all around. It was a fun car, but I upgraded the stock LG4 305 with a home built ZZ3 350 small block. I blacked out the grille and most of the chrome on the car. It still looked like a stock 305 with a set of headers and a homemade dual snorkel air cleaner. It all was painted black with a lot of the emissions controls still in place. I even had the computer carb and controls still functioning. I had a 350 H.O. prom from GM. It ran 13.40's @102 mph on the street tires and through the dual exhaust. It had a Monte SS 3.73 axle and a 700r4 trans in it. I agree about the back window, never liked them. Pontiac built a burgundy G.P. with the 2+2 nose, standard back glass and what looks to be a GTA rear spoiler. I have seen the car before it was sold at, Barrett Jackson, maybe. I work for GM, and it was in our shop at the GM Warren Tech Center. It is how the car should have been built. I understand why the bubble back window works on the racetrack, but never liked the looks.