View Single Post
Old 09-15-2023, 04:33 PM

I have a new experience for me. Pulling into the driveway after a cruise I started smelling gas so I parked in the garage and shut down for the day. A couple days later I went to look things over thinking I'd find a leak at the on-line filter or stuck float at least something obvious. I didn't see anything so started up and oh no shut it off noooww as it was spraying from somewhere. After shutting off and having a good look from underneath the steering box was wet and there was a puddle of gas on the floor under the pump. I still didn't know where it was coming from but it was dripping from off the bottom of the pump. I made sure the to carb line was tight at the pump and at a loss I turned the engine over a couple times (with 12V power switched off to HEI) and went back underneath to see what I could and there it was, gas was coming out the seam of the carb body and running down onto the floor. Thank God for no fire, we'd be talking the house too. It wasn't to the headers yet.

I've been running this pump for a couple years now. It is a Carter M4684. A RobbMC has been on my list to do and it has moved to the front of the line now.

Be carefull out there.
-dale
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230914_180053607.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	620032  

The Following User Says Thank You to DaleO For This Useful Post: