View Single Post
Old 09-14-2023, 11:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS57 View Post
Wow, depressing read. Good point about the arm. I just received the replacement from Rock Auto today (but it's not going in). I have an Airtex that's several years older than this new one, it's basically the same but it has an inverted flare fitting in place of the 1/4" FNPT. Guess what? the arm on the older Airtex is at least a 1/4" lower than the new pump. I found an NOS M4566 on ebay. It's in a Federal Mogul / Carter box & actually has "AC" in the casting. I am very thankful for this forum, if I hadn't posted about my pump issue, I'd be installing the replacement POS pump right now.

Thanks!!
Update, finally got my NOS M4566 yesterday after it went missing in USPS for a few days. Seems to date to the early to mid 90's. I'm going to double down on the pump arm issue. No question this new arm is really preloading the diaphragm & probably pushing it beyond its designed travel limit. Leading to both early failures & maybe over pressure. I haven't checked the fuel pressure on the NOS pump yet but the car does seem to run much better at idle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CFP2.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	619987  

65 Tempest, 400, TH400
86 Fiero SE 2.8