Thread: WIW 70 Formula
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2023, 12:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One minor issue that I decided to tackle is a slight but annoying pulsing of the power steering system when turning the wheel while standing still or very low speeds (e.g., 3 point turn).

As background, most folks who run DSE rack and pinion use a Type 2 style pump. But since I chose to use factory style brackets/accessories, I'm running a saginaw style pump (from Tuff Stuff). The flow of the pump (2.9-3.1 gal/min) and pressure (1200psi) should work with the rack, which calls for 3gal/min and max pressure of 1800psi. The reservoir is full and using A/C Delco ps fluid.

The front tires are fat (375 35) and sticky, so maybe some pulsing is to be expected at no/low speed, but I'd like to try to resolve it without having to resort to running a type 2 style pump with the factory brackets and accessories (if that's even possible).

Although the belt doesn't make any noise--no squealing or chirping, I thought this would be a good place to start. As shown in the photo, it looks like it may be too thin for the pulley, so I ordered one that's a couple mm wider.

Any other suggestions are welcome!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7289.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	619634