View Single Post
Old 09-04-2023, 11:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRADERMIKE 2012 View Post

The Cam and Valve open and closing events occurred as the manufactures Cam card dictates, they should, given that we took our readings while "not" knowing about the aforementioned Crack. Since I had no Cam card, we simply made our own using the information at our disposal from the internet. We read a lot and learned more. We are at TDC @ 113.5 advanced by a factory built in, one and a half degrees, this is calculated with the Cam installed with the Intake and Exhaust Valves closed on the Compression cycle on number one Cylinder and the Base Circle facing up. We point the Cam and Crank dots at 12 o'clock high plus there was no advance added into the straight-up installation, except for the 1-1/2 degrees the factory added in prior to my purchase. Since we want to be as close to 109 C/L as we can get, we moved the Crank Gear advanced by four notches. Each notch at the Crank is two degrees adding up to (eight degrees total) at the Crank, that is equal to (four degrees) at the Cam. We figure that (113.5 Intake C/L) minus (four degrees) at the Cam, equals (109.5) advanced Cam, now race ready Installed and at High Performance specs.
Maybe I'm missing something in your description but there is no mention of using a dial indicator on the cam. There is no way to know exactly where the ICL is without having a dial indicator on the intake lobe. A degree wheel by itself won't cut it.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE