View Single Post
Old 08-26-2023, 09:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It doesnt turn me off, I just don't see it as rare though. uncommon more the word I suppose. also my relative is not a car guy at all, he had told me he thought it was a 66 4 speed lol, I like 66 Gto's a bit better because the awesome taillights and more spartan look. so after calling and its a total opposite was a letdown. I had a red 66 4 speed factory close ratio muncie and 3.90 rear. never got to fix that one up and sold it though. always wanted to do a tripower 66.

at this point I don't want it bad enough unless his price gos down where I can't say no. and it might the way he talked. almost pulled the trigger on a 66 lemans for $17,500 that was nice but needed some work and detailing. so any same condition Gto is worth more than that.

he said it has new cragar ss with redline tires on it. prices for all these cars is so high anymore a $20,000 car is the new $10,000 car. or, maybe at 62 i'm just thinking in my era and to chincy to todays thinking. Looking on ebay I think "is anyone really buying these cars"? the prices being asked put the cars in instant behind the 8 ball if bought.

funny thing is, if, being a bench column car this was a tempest I would be all over it. the step up in nameplate throws me off. hope to see it and then i'll know how I feel. fun stuff though.