View Single Post
Old 08-07-2023, 04:34 AM
Suspended

I want to build this motor correctly, since the notch is in backward and my Pistons have Valve reliefs on both sides, orientating the notch forward is the way to go. I will be sure to orientate the Rods correctly as well with your help. Thank you for correcting this problem early on in the conversation. So, now this means I have no choice but to pull the Main Caps and the Piston Bearings to micrometer them and plaster gauge the Journals to Bearings. This is a good indication of the miles on this Engine at this time. We will see if the Crank needs polishing or turning? This means I will purchase the new Rings and Bearings for a fresh build, one I can depend on for years to come. I just finish rebuilding the TH 400 Trans. and it is like new now. I won't skimp on this motor either.

I have the necessary tools in my full Snap-On box, Ridge Reemer, Ring Compressor, Hone tool, Ring sizer, etc...

It is time for me to experiment and learn like I just did with the TH 400 Trans., that I am proud to say "works like new".

We just cleaned the Pistons tonight and took photos, soon to be published online. We recorded some information on paper to speed up the process. We think that the Pontiac Water Jacket Mod has started, not sure since I have not read about the Mod. in some time, I must look back soon to refresh myself how that works. Something about blocking off some water Jackets and drilling holes in the Head or Block in order to get the water to raise from the Block up into the rear of the Heads and then out the water pump without sinking back down to the Block prior to flowing out the water pump and then to the radiator? I want to get this mod. rite!

Here is what I have today for photos...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	617581   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002 (2).JPG
Views:	108
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	617582   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003 (2).JPG