View Single Post
Old 08-01-2023, 06:37 PM

He had me at “hello mate”. C’mon guys. Nobody here in the states addresses anyone like that.

And another red flag - demand that you send your PayPal payment using friends and family only. I usually prefer it that was as well as a seller since pretty much everyone knows me here anyway, however if someone insists on paying the additional fees to protect themselves I don’t mind. Anytime they demand any form of payment that gives you no recourse then of course don’t do the deal.

The biggest mistake everyone makes here is dealing in any way out in the open here in the classifieds. Send a Private Message. Don’t announce that you’ll take it, make offers or share any personal information out on the open forums.

Now I guess it’s okay to say you’ll take something IF you’re savvy enough to avoid scammers that might try to intervene in your deal. However it’s best to send a PM instead and deal in complete privacy.

Quite often you’re wasting time replying in the ad thread when you should be sending a PM instead. Sometimes you see people saying they’re first in line in the ad thread when they’ve actually been beaten to the punch by someone who sent a PM before they posted their reply in the ad thread.

I see so much back and forth out in the open here in the classifieds I just have to shake my head.

Send PMs ONLY when doing your deals here and you’ll avoid 99% of this nonsense.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post: