Thread: Going Mobile!
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2023, 01:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you

Yes, life happened a lot, I made mistakes, the car kicked my butt many times, and I lost motivation more than once.

Long story nobody wants to hear but the history is probably well-documented on this forum. As I said, I would have tossed it 15 years ago if not for the support I get here.

Breakthrough was stepping up to the carb and distributor this year. Jeff (Shaker455) and Bob Davis (Sun Tuned) rescued me on both, with lots of help from others.

I had started on body work 15 years ago so had the front clip apart and moved the car twice in pieces. I retired and moved here 4 years ago. The car sat here while we turned 5 acres of weeds and a big house into a nice place. We are now downsizing and moving again so I set a goal to move the car in one piece. No more inner fenders, bumpers, and headers in the shed! I'm close..

Turning it into a driver while continuing the body work is finally within reach.

As it rolls (some of the projects I DID get done in 19 years with help from the forum):

Mechanical
  • Rebuilt rear axle, added Eaton posi, new 3.55 gears, new u-joints
  • Rebuilt/restored suspension, boxed rear arms, added sway bar, new springs, new rag joint
  • Original 350/heads and TH350, Summit 2800, Q-Jet, replaced timing cover, new water pump, new harmonic balancer
  • New brakes, conversion to power front discs
  • Rebuilt/installed Jeep steering gear, rebuilt steering pump, new tie rod ends
  • New gas tank, fuel pump
  • New radiator, new heater core
  • Convert to single-wire alternator

Body
  • Restored firewall, AC box, fan shroud, and fan, new fan clutch
  • DS fender patch panel, welded holes (was a Sport fender)
  • Replaced/restored radiator support
  • Repaired header panel

Interior
  • Swapped bench for buckets, new covers
  • Capped dash pad
  • Rebuilt instrument panel, restored bezel
  • Repaired and installed dash tach, AM/FM Stereo radio
  • Restored AC/heater controls
  • Restored and installed floor-shift column, changed to Formula steering wheel
  • Added courtesy lights
  • Restored and installed console
  • Installed floor shifter

I've still got a list to get it driving, another list to finish interior, and a daunting cosmetic challenge but I'm really happy to have it moving under its own power.

Thanks again to all!

Mike

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shiny For This Useful Post: