View Single Post
Old 07-26-2023, 03:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by djustice View Post
No, it has standard converter. it is in my car and working great. I was just tryng to get some info on this particular th400.
YOUR transmission is a '71. That's years after the switch-pitch was discontinued.

It will, of course, NOT have additional clutch packs. I don't know if it will have extra clutch plates in one or more of the three clutch packs that all TH400s use. (Forward, Direct, and Intermediate) Probably has additional plates. Sounds like an excellent core, except that the tailshaft is probably too long. Many Cadillacs got the long tailshaft where other full-size cars got intermediate-length tailshafts incorrectly described as "long". Intermediate and compact cars got the short tailshafts that tend to be more desirable, and bring higher prices on core transmissions.

The question about switch-pitch was directed to West Coast GTO, who has a '67 Olds transmission, which was the last year of switch-pitch. But then his post which quoted my question got screwed-up, missing the quote prefix, and appeared to be asking you about switch-pitch.

The Following User Says Thank You to Schurkey For This Useful Post: