Thread: ACRONYM's
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2023, 08:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

For years, me and several of my co-workers ate lunch at a place called Moe's. There was a Moe's Monday Special that included a burrito and drink for about $2 - 3 less than the normal price. Covid came along and I started working from home, but I continued to go to my local Moe's and get two burritos for me and my wife. I always went in person and paid in cash. I rarely use credit cards for food any more after having my credit card numbers repeatedly stolen.

Then about two years ago, I go to the Moe's near my home and place my order for two burritos for my wife and I. The cashier rings it up at full price. I tell her it's Monday and I want the Monday special. She says I have to order using the ap to get the Moe's Monday price. I tell her I don't carry a cell phone, and I've been a regular Monday customer for years. She says I need to pay full price or use the ap. I say no. She calls the manager, I explain I've been a loyal customer for years, but Moe's changed the terms and I'm not agreeing to order online and pay with a credit card. Manager over-rides and gives it to me for the normal price, but tells me from now on I need to use the ap to get the Moe's Monday price. So I haven't been back to that Moe's in about two years. Since I'm going back into the office occasionally, one of my co-workers will order my burrito and I give him cash, but the amount of times I eat at Moe's has been reduced drastically. Most fast food places are pushing aps for ordering, but I'm not buying in.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poncho-mike For This Useful Post: