View Single Post
Old 07-20-2023, 10:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Agree, doing a 327 right now with AFR 195's, pump gas deal with a nice little hydraulic roller (227 @ .050). Paul had just finished another 327 ironically with the same heads, same cam, same compression that did 494 hp and 430 tq on his dyno. Pretty stout little package that's very mild.

I'm assuming you have a CD box with some sort of start retard? Locked out at 36 seems excessive to be needed at idle.

Usually what I do when I have to tune an engine like that is run 16-18 initial and then dial in some extra vacuum advance at idle. Usually another 10-12 degrees so it idles with about 28 degrees give or take but doesn't have to start on it. If I have an engine that still doesn't want to respond and idle cleanly with that then there is something very unhappy going on inside that engine. Cam and compression choice or maybe moving the cam to a different ICL is needed.

Hopefully your loose/stripped squirter will help to solve your issue but I still think there is another underlying issue going on as to why the carb is so hard to dial in.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE

Last edited by Formulajones; 07-20-2023 at 10:20 AM.