View Single Post
Old 07-11-2023, 08:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewm View Post
I can definitely see how this would most likely work better, but hopefully if I just take my time I'll end up with a good repair. When I first got the car, no body guy wanted to deal with it because it was a roller and needed so much work. So I've done all the body work myself so far. It's still a roller, but slowly getting there...
Hats off and commendations to you!

Not having a convertible, I wonder how much work it would be to remove the entire quarter before doing the repair? Especially if you need to replace the rear tail panel or deck panel or wheelhouse(s) anyway?

I wish I had done this on my hardtop because from what I recollect, it was extremely hard to get to the welds from the inside because of the inner wheelhouse and other structural components getting in the way.

Either way, one tip is to use aluminum strips as heat sinks behind the weld (bent to have the same contours as the panel). The aluminum strips would have to be held in place with deep vise grip clamps (or metal duct tape as an alternative to the clamps).

The Following User Says Thank You to 6d7gto For This Useful Post: