View Single Post
Old 07-05-2023, 02:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
I love my Quickjack. Use it all the time. If you're nervous at all about it coming down you can put a block of wood or even a jack stand in between the base and the lifted portion. It cannot possibly come down if you put an obstruction in there.
When I'm done with mine I just push them together underneath the center of the car. I can drive right over them.
I'm a novice but it seems like once it's up and locked, it's very stable and it's not coming down. A wood block or a jack stand would be a nice backup.

It seems like if you're gonna have problems it's on the way up or down if the two sides don't move together evenly. That's either from not unlocking BOTH sides on the way down or from a clogged valve in the pump.

It's interesting because Quickjack has a video where they talk about teflon tape vs a liquid thread sealer. They used to recommend teflon tape but now recommend liquid thread sealer. The reason they give is because too many people don't know how to use the tape and get it into the system leading to clogged valves. They included the thread sealer but I just used tape.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share