View Single Post
Old 06-18-2023, 10:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head View Post
Shiny, Unfortunately, these small brackets often get lost in the shuffle, ESP when parts cars are dragged in missing a complete bolted on front header panel & core support. Though the attachment setup is similar to used on a '69-70 GP, & loosely to that of a '70 GTO, know I've been guilty years ago of not identifying those small brackets. In a pile of mainly throw away parts in floor pan of a cheap LeMans, they were easy to miss.

Might ck out at Franks in California. As many '70 LeMans header panels are damaged, might be something he has loose.
I resemble this...

But yes, I get it. Apparently, whoever slapped on parts from 2 other vehicles onto my cheap LeMans saw no reason to even use these stabilizers. To his credit, the bumper did not fall off.

The sad truth is buying these brackets will double the value of my car. The irony is if I had a valuable GTO, the straps are reproduced and available for half the price of good used. Funny, not funny.

And thanks for suggesting Frank's. They had nice stabilizer mounts and I payed the price but they did not have the straps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held for Ransom View Post
Funny, mine were attached.
You must have clicked your heels wearing ruby slippers! I'm happy for you because I can confirm they are hard to find...

Fortunately, it looks like I have the header straps and the two small L-brackets at the bottom of the radiator support. I also have two weird ones that I think go between the bumper brackets and the valance (TBD).

Not sure I have the hood latch release lever bracket though. Could turn into another scavenger hunt.

Mike