View Single Post
Old 06-08-2023, 01:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Fix View Post
Pair of 660s?
Yes had the 660s on it back in 1970 also when Stephens got it from the factory to race in pro stock. Developmental factory intake . Was all part of an article in Jan 72 rodder and super stock magazine . That article triggered GM and they later kicked Stephen Pontiac out of the racing program and took Their aluminum RAV block among other parts. The driver and mechanic quit the dealership over it and never went back. Was a real **** show. They had Been involved w Tom Nell and to some extend herb Adams, Eckstrom was even flown out to the factory to meet w them and see all the engineering goodies available. The RAV engine was in my (69RAIV car) car only to tune it , but was raced in the 70 through 73 body once the car arrived . After the car arrived (likely after first race season) parts of it were sent to be an acid dipped like the full front subframe and a. Arms etc .

The whole thing is a
Little blurry as to how things happened because it’s been so long but some details I got from Bill and Tom the drivers back in the early 90s and wrote them down. .but a lot of it I didn’t know about to ask until later. I get little bits and pieces from people involved w the cars . Then I ask bill and Tom. Since neither has spoken to each-other since then,, I know if they give the same answer it’s likely spot on accurate. But sometimes I need to have that kernel of information to ask about to jog their memories . Like the tach changed at one point in the photos I have , bill said it had a light in it. I didn’t think much of it but later realized it was a shift light tach that was supposed to go on the pro car , but that had a glass nose so the tach went on my car ( I dint have it anymore though sadly.

They don’t (to this day) think these cars RAII RAIV and RAV are all that special because guys they raced with had serious factory cars (ford mopar altered cars etc. ). Even though they do both agree all three cars were ordered light weight ,
Stephen Pontiac sold RAV engines over the parts counter so even that didn’t seem that special. I have an advertising flyer from Stephen Pontiac that says buy your 500HP RAV engine ! W contact info for the parts dept.
another says :

STEPHEN PONTIAC
NEW ENGLAND'S
PONTIAC PERFORMANCE WAREHOUSE
• PERFORMANCE PONTIACS IN STOCK
• ENGINES AND PARTS READILY AVAILABLE
ASK FOR
LOU SEGNERI
TEL: (203) 583-1801
PONTIACTION
begins at
1097 Farmington Ave., RI. 6, Bristol, Conn.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	058525FA-DB76-40D8-B480-DE5FA439351C.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	613889   Click image for larger version

Name:	65216208-7077-49D3-9FC0-38A5FA9ECDE6.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	613890   Click image for larger version

Name:	CFE69170-9CB0-4D84-B8D4-B46EDACA68D9.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	613891  

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
The Following User Says Thank You to turbo69bird For This Useful Post: