View Single Post
Old 06-02-2023, 09:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Paul, I had been communicating with a guy on a zero turn mower, he calls me and says come look at it. I'm there with cash in my pocket looking at the mower, and some guy pulls up that says he has first dibs on it because he drove from out of state.

I said, I was here first, and got the call from the owner to come look at it. He starts talking to the owner and says, "Remember, I told you to put it in the ad that sale was pending before I left home". Well the owner stammers, and says he made a mistake, the other guy was supposed to get first crack at it. I tell him I showed up first with cash, after you called me. Well guess what, he sold it to the other guy. I was mad as a wet hornet.

Not the first time I was going to buy something on Craigslist, or Marketplace that it was sold out from under me, when they knew I was on my way. When I was younger I used to get really riled up about people breaking their word, now I just figure it wasn't meant to be. I usually wait a few days and come across something that is a better deal anyway. I guess as I get older, my faith in a higher power that knows better, is my consolation on deals that turn sour.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post: