View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 05:25 PM
Suspended

Good advice, as I wait for the Valve-body to come in, I would like to mention that I bought the reconditioned clutch springs for each clutch pack and installed them in all the holes. The factory did not fill all the holes and I was told (by the vendor and internet gouruse) that they will only raise the line pressure to the clutch pack being used to shift. Was that poor advice, plus, could that have anything to do with the issue that I am experiencing? I can't try my optional Modulator until I see what happens after the V.B. installation. In addition, we were very careful when R+R the Valves in the V.B. and we investigated them one at a time on 4 occasions and on the other 2 times that we took them all apart, we separated the springs and valves in a box, lined in paper. It is true that the parts do want to roll around, but we figured out any cross contamination of parts. The Govenor gears are in good condition and this Modulator is holding vacuum and the valve is installed correctly. When the V.B. comes in, I will inspect the Modulator lines, Valve and vacuum source, plus, the Govenor valve once again, for any break-in clutch material released into the Transmission Fluid during the latest break-in driving. Also, I would like to mention That a B+M shift kit is installed and I use only 5 check balls. I am not modifying the Valve Body for Trans-braking or racing. If you have the time to read the other thread about my Trans. build, see "To build or not to build my TH 400" on this PY forum. This will give you a complete overview of this particular Trans. re-build. Thank you for your input, Cliff.

Last edited by TRADERMIKE 2012; 05-26-2023 at 05:54 PM.