View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 11:20 AM
Suspended

The screen in the valve body is small and with this fresh rebuild it seems the particulates come from the fresh clutch packs. There are no large metal pieces. Still, I must ask, can I eliminate this screen, as I have seen in videos or should I stick with the factory and keep it in? In addition, I was thinking of splitting the Governor inlet tube and adding a microfilter in-between, have you ever done this or heard anyone who has thought of this fix? I like the fact that the TH 400 in 1967 came with this filter. It must surely keep the debris out of the Govenor Valve. We took the Valve body apart about 4-6 times while diagnosing the TH 400 over the past 2 years and we followed the book when re- assembling it. There was, on the last installation a problem with the accumulator aluminum Bushing and I used a bigger hammer and sadly made it worse than on prier installation, I could not repair it nor can I find one to replace it, so I ordered a remanufactured unit and I am still waiting for it, problems with the vendor. The Valve Body is re-buildable using Sonax equipment, however, I opted to purchase a remanufactured unit, for less than the tools would cost me, plus I am inexperienced, even though I read how to perform the boring procedure. After rebuilding this TH 400 and all of its individual parts I am confident that after doing our checks and re-checks, we should have a good Trans. for years to come. Everything works and the pressures are all there, so, once we install the newly rebuilt Valve body we will see if that is the last obstacle to overcome. Mike out, thanks for your input. P.S. We repaired the Detent Solenoid wire and cleaned the part completely and tested the pull and it works great now. We also checked the switch at the Carb. area and added a small LED light that comes on at 70% throttle when the passing gear kicks down, this way we can see the light come on as we adjust the kickdown switch.

Last edited by TRADERMIKE 2012; 05-25-2023 at 11:32 AM.