View Single Post
Old 05-23-2023, 09:05 PM

Finally Quarters come off and i started removing outer wheelhouses. I took a ton of measurements before cutting the car apart so I’m confident it will go back together.

After finding rust in the inner rocker and seeing the huge amount of work the toe board patches presented, I opted for a new firewall. I cut out the old firewall and fully removed the inner/outer rocker on the driver. Plan was to install floor, firewall and work on the driver side before replacing the passenger rocker. After some time I decided to cut even more.

At this point, I knew it was evident I needed to sand blast a ton of inner structure and get it in epoxy.

I did take a minute to cut out the rusty mounts on the stub. Burned them in and cleaned them up top and bottom side. At this point I have mock up block, mid plate trimmed to allow it to drop in place.

Headers were dropped in but I never mocked up the heads to figure out how the headers will fit. At this time I had purchased my Stefs 1240 pan and knew all of this had to come out for more trimming of the crossmembers. In fact I decided to just cross brace the frame and cut crossmembers out totally in favor of 4130 1-5/8” tube.