View Single Post
Old 05-19-2023, 08:25 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRADERMIKE 2012 View Post
The Manifold vacuum is my vacuum source and is working, I have removed the Valve body and found that the Accumulator valve Bushing was damaged when we installed it by exerting too much force. We removed all the valving about 6 times over the last 2 years in our efforts to find the problem. I have ordered a remanufactured Valve body because I could not find just the Bushing that holds the accumulator valve.

Cost $114 delivered from Wittrans.com, best price for a loaded Valve body on the web. I will be very happy if this is the last fix on this fresh remanufactured TH 400 that my roommate and I personally rebuilt. Took this long because it is the first Trans. I have built a learning experience I will never forget. I had to watch many videos and read the TH 400 service manual and many more documents from the internet. I went into the forums also to learn even more. I had to buy all the parts and tool up with a large vice, Bushing driver and a Trans. mount I added to my Engine stand. I hooked up a come along to the shed truss for the lift, the Trans. was attached to the Gear vendors unit. I bought a new Torque Converter also. The complete build is in my "to build or not to build", on the PY forum, under TraderMike2012. When the Valve body comes in and is installed, I will let you know how it works. I can say that I did have first, neutral, reverse and park plus, the trans. did downshift and would go into passing gear.

I had to cheat some by using the Gear Vendors by turning it on at 40 mph but the Trans. would shift at 5000 rpm no matter how many times that I turned the screw in at the Modulator. Also, we vacuum tested the Modulator using a pump and it held. The Govenor was removed, taken apart and reassembled and we found no problems there. My Trans. is a 1967 PC code, I hope they send me the same high-performance valving as I had. I made some upgrades to the original factory setup; all is documented in the forum.
Mikes Reply: I just got back from Riviera Beach Fl, some 50 miles away to pick up the rebuilt Valve Body from Wittrans .com. Salesmen Dave originally was to send the Part directly to me, free of charge and never did, I specifically asked if I qualify for free shipping. Now, Dave said they don't deliver to home address, must be a business address for free shipping, he lied to me. Now, I go to pick up the part and they can't find it, how lame is that, after all the bull****? So, Dave is not at Riviera location, he is in Daytona Fl. Now, he is Reordering the part and mailing it to me, at my home adress for an additional $25 to $35. What about my fuel, time plus the fact that it was their fault? I am not happy, they should have eaten the delivery fee, the customer is always rite. What about Transparency in business? I am getting sick of being ripped off. Now, let's see what happens next, I call them Nit -Wittrans now! I just hope this fixes the lack of upshift issue due to the Accumulator Bushing damage we caused ourselves? I will fill you in soon. Mike out. P.S. I asked before and nobody answered yet, " can I remove the screen that is located in my Valve body core, just before the tube that feeds the Govenor"?

It turns out that the screen collects debris that can choke off the Govenor Valve? Has anyone split the Govenor tube and inserted a Micro-filter, used in say (Power Steering fluid)? It seems to me that using a Microfilter split into the Govenor Tube/pan area (in my case) is possible, because My Trans. fluid filter is located on the side case area in 1967, it is the rectangular type? I have seen flat and cylinder Microfilter types on the market and the filters can be cleaned or replaced. I also want to mention that if the rebuilt Valve body Accumulator Valve Bushing does not fix this upshift issue, then there is a second Modulator valve in my spare parts for me to try, for most of you seem to agree that the Modulator to be the culprit!

Last edited by TRADERMIKE 2012; 05-19-2023 at 09:20 PM.