View Single Post
Old 05-11-2023, 10:19 PM
Senior Chief

Default 72 WW5 GTO

Hi Guys. I am the current owner of this car. I bought it in early 2021. The previous owner got it in 2005 and had a full frame off restoration done from 2005-2007 by Dan Green Restorations in Salt Lake City. He had the car painted Monarch yellow because his Stepfather owned the car back in 1974. When he bought the car, it was already repainted yellow way back then. For sentimental reasons, they decided to restore it yellow.
When I got it, I found the entire drivetrain was in desperate need of attention. Fortunately, the body, paint, interior and chassis were in beautiful shape. I pulled the engine, rebuilt it using all new internals including valvetrain. The M22 needed 3 forward gears replaced along with a reverse gear. All new bearings, synchro assemblies, speedo gears were installed. It had 4.10 gears in the 12 bolt and the clutches in the posi were shot. I put it all new bearings and races throughout, replaced both axles, rebuilt the posi, and installed a new set of Richmond 3.55 gears. The original HO exhaust manifolds were severely cracked and leaking. I installed a new set of R.A.R.E. round ports and changed the headpipes and mufflers . I bought a real 7042273 Quadrajet and a matched set of 2/29/72 dated KR wheels. I have sorted out all the bugs. This car now runs, drives, and sounds fantastic. My intent was to keep the car and someday hopefully return the car to Starlight black. But, life happens. Feel free to ask me any questions about the car.

Last edited by 4birds; 05-11-2023 at 10:26 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4birds For This Useful Post: