Thread: TKX maybe
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2023, 10:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
Actually most do drive somewhat civilized on public roads but you are missing the whole point of that video if you think I should be hammering on it.
I have other videos showing that if that's what you want to see. There is a time and a place for that.

How do you treat your daily driver? Hammer on it all the time? Just cause I daily drive a muscle car doesn't mean I should be racing at every stop light. Treat your daily like that every day and it likely won't last very long

Ok, First of all, I shouldn't have said Grampa. I was just busting your chops. For that I'm sorry. I have alot of respect for you and very much value your opinion.

I don't drive uncivilized. I obey the speed limits and once in awhile when no one is around me I checkout the gears. Meaning bringing the rpm up to 5000 or 5500.

I understand what your doing in the video and that's great for you. but for me I don't drive my car like that. I don't worry about the cost of fuel, nor do I care. As long as I am able to get gas and still drive is all I care. I built the car to have fun, not my daily driver. I drive a 20022 Denali HD 3500 diesel which in itself it alot of fun to drive. And I treat it like gold. I also don't drive or abuse my car. Never have. but I do open all the barrels on the 950 quick-fuel every time I have it out. Well almost every time. lol Everything in the car from front to back has been beefed up to handle it. Anyway, I'm rambling on here. So that's it...

68 Firebird. IA2 block, 505 cu in, E-head, Solid roller 3650 weight. Reid TH400 4:11 gear. 29" slick.
Best so far 10.12@133 mph. 1.43 60 ft.
76 Trans am, TKX .81 o/d, 3.73 Moser rearend,
468 with KRE D-ports, Doug headers, 3" Exh.