Thread: TKX maybe
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2023, 06:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhein View Post
This entire thread is why these kind of decisions are very individual and specific to the owners desires, needs an usage. There is no one-size-fits-all solution. That's what also makes it fun and interesting. Your car is your car. Each if us has to be honest with ourselves about the car we have and how we use it. To pick your setup based on someone else's use that's different than yours, will probably be a mistake.

For me, I always try to keep my car in a gear where I have responsive acceleration if I want or need it, without a shift. That's just me.

And to FJ, I'm not disparaging or criticizing you. You are an awesome dude. You have more car knowledge than I ever will and your contributions on the forum are epic. You've got your stuff setup the way you want it and that's fantastic. We just may disagree on this one a bit.
Nothing wrong with that. That's what makes these threads great. I agree, and have the option of buzzing around in a lower gear if I want to, maybe when I'm feeling a little spunky. Pick which one ya want and have some fun, but I also have the option to just let the engine mosey along, sip fuel, and be just about completely quiet. That's what that video is about.

Honestly a big engine is really good at doing that, should be better than that 302 actually.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE

Last edited by Formulajones; 05-08-2023 at 07:10 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Formulajones For This Useful Post: