Thread: TKX maybe
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2023, 11:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckies76ta View Post
Respectfully, I don't really care about MPG. lol At this point in my life I'm just glad I can go to the pumps and get gasoline. With the way the world is I figure governments will find a way to push us out of the hobby. I'm not sure what I have for videos. I'll look into it.
You have some valuable points and maybe my engine just needs more tuning. I don't know. It runs so nice and performs so beautiful I leave it along. Just the maintenance each year. I have KRE heads on it with Dave's road paver. 245/252 I think. It made close to 600 hp on the dyno. 32 deg. I am running a vacuum advance on it. Next time I'm out I will disconnect it see how it acts. It doesn't like 2000 rpm. In O/D it starts to lug in lower rpm. It is a blast to drive for what I'm doing.
Really that's all that matters if you're enjoying it as is.

We daily drive ours so MPG is part of the equation. So I tune and tweak things, even on the cars without overdrives, to make them at least somewhat respectable on MPG. It's kind of funny at the pumps, once in a while I'll get the MPG question from someone and they are shocked that these 50 year old cars are doing better than their new SUV's. And that's one of the biggest reasons I look at overdrives. The other is keeping the wear and tear to a minimum, as we know it's not cheap to build these engines anymore either, let alone operate them on a daily basis.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
The Following User Says Thank You to Formulajones For This Useful Post: