Thread: Tesla
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2023, 10:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo69bird View Post
I totally understand the reluctance of the electric car, believe me I hated these things.
But now that I’ve had some time with a TESLA it’s a differnt story.
I think you missed the part of my statement about EV's where I stated 'where I live, work and play'.

IF your driving is primarily in a major metropolitan area where chargers are readily available, that changes things.

IF your driving is primarily commuter miles, that changes things.

IF you have multiple other ICE vehicles to use when the EV isn't practical, that changes things.

Where I live, work and play, chargers area an issue.

When l want to travel and chargers aren't conveniently located - I need to rearrange my trip route to drive where the chargers are.

Then there is the time factor of charging. I realize that they do have limited high voltage/high speed chargers - but even a high speed charger is much slower than filling a tank.

And the idea of charging on 110 V at home is a joke. Added to the price of the EV is the cost of a charging system in your garage that can actually charge an EV in a reasonable period of time.

I'm not moving to a major metropolitan area. I travel in areas that will continue to be on the backburner for rapid charger growth.

The funniest thing about many of the 'Teslaphiles' is that they claim they are doing the 'green' thing, but they all want to have the high HP EV's with the much larger batteries that 'burn' more electricity than the lower powered EV's.

And then there is the problem that our electric grid just can't (and won't in the foreseeable future) support the mass conversion to EV's that is coveted by the climate alarmists.

I won't spend much time talking about the climate costs to the mining of the minerals required to make the batteries, the type of labor that is used for it or the ecological results in the countries that they are currently coming from.