View Single Post
Old 04-28-2023, 04:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default another sad story

Wonder if im the only one in the world who did this,......lol

Ok, very long story short............got the new motor back the other day, was putting on fuel pump and stuff..............stripped a bolt in the cover, the first one........i tapped it out, but was nervous on the back on, i tapped that a little, but thought better not mess with it..........so today im thinking maybe wondering if anything fell down the timing cover, thought i could just wrap a little piece of duct tape to a hose and feel if i pick anything up...................

well the duct tape fell off, tried sucking it out, cant seem to get any good suction with the shop vac with different size hose to make it work............cant see anything of course, tried a grabber tool , no luck.........

For all i know its in the oil pan by now.

so this is what i got on now..............bop one pc oil pan gasket..........the builder did a smoke test to check for leaks, said a issue in front..............enough silicone to choke a horse there.

By now your probably laughing and thinking, glad its not me............lol

So looking for some ideas on which way to proceed............................cannot get the grab tool thru the oil pan opening.............gonna see i i can bend a small wire to fit in there better and hope i snag it............dont think this is gonna work......
Rich