View Single Post
Old 04-12-2023, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat69SD View Post
I know just how you feel. I don't have more than a couple friends here. I have a shop full of cars but we live 25 miles from town. Last car show I went to not a single person talked to my wife or myself. That was 5 years ago. I have a shop full of cars and I love them. But some don't get driven even once a year. I like the hobby and love restoring cars. But lack interest in shows anymore and even in driving them. It was different back in the day when there were a bunch of us doing it together. We would get together and drive 500 miles to a weekend show. It was a fun time for sure.
We are also more busy today, and our lives are filled with so much more stress and unnecessary "stuff."

I have a 2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX, which... I realize is not really a classic. But I inherited it from my Grandfather back in 2004 when he passed away, and I just keep it in the garage. Sometimes, I'll go ~6 months without even starting it. On a rare occasion, I might take it for a drive. I hadn't driven it in almost 2 years, and took it for a spin to dinner and a movie with the family, and by the time I was on the way home, the rear-right caliper seized, haha. It has only 40k some odd miles on it, and looks pristine, but again... I just never have time to drive it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4951.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	610637