View Single Post
Old 04-12-2023, 08:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG View Post
Doesn't sound like your issue is necessarily incorrect pinion angle. A different than optimum pinion angle will primarily stress the U-joint and maybe cause a vibration. What is your current pinion angle and what suspension do you have?
I don't remember the angles. I did it almost a year ago. At first it was 100% pinion angle when it was shaking at like 30 MPH because when I adjusted the pinion after it made a notable difference. I do believe I got them within a degree of one another after adjustment. And I am hoping you are right and its just the shaft balance now. I think maybe it had a little shake when it was stock height that was just a little higher up in the range. Like 80 mph so I didn't feel it often.

Letting off the gas when its in shake will also briefly make it worse until it drops a few MPH. Which again, according to the internet points to a dynamic vibration rather than angle related.

I have ride tech lowering 1.5" springs in the front and 1" blocks in the back. Other than that its factory style. I do have a clamp on the leafs in the back on each side. Oh and subframe connectors.

I don't want to thread jack. I mostly chimed in to say that it was hard without the driveshaft out. And if this one is vexxing you there is maybe no shame in letting a shop do it. Especially one that can align the front end after. Mine is even more difficult at the front because there is a driveshaft loop in the way.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports

Last edited by RocktimusPryme; 04-12-2023 at 09:02 AM.