View Single Post
Old 04-12-2023, 07:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocktimusPryme View Post
I can tell you that after I lowered my 67 I struggled mightily with it. At first it was low speed, like 35 MPH really bad. I did some shimming using the same tremec app you are and now its cool until about 65-80 mph then it has a medium shake. Just enough to be super irritating. I want to put a 1350 yoke on the rear end, and the corresponding end unit on the DS. I will get it rebalanced when the new end is put on. Im hoping my current issue is DS balance related. The internet seems to think that angle shudder usually occurs at lower speeds.

I agree with the above that it is hard to do it with the DS installed. Its also hard to be sure I have the car level on jackstands. Ive told myself if the driveshaft rebalance doesnt work Im just going to take it to a shop and let them do it on a 4 post so we know its level. I feel like everytime I loosen the rear end I am screwing up my front end alignment and need to have it re-done. Big waste of money.
Doesn't sound like your issue is necessarily incorrect pinion angle. A different than optimum pinion angle will primarily stress the U-joint and maybe cause a vibration. What is your current pinion angle and what suspension do you have?