View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 11:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I own the following: 1971 GTO, 1972 GTO, 1971 Lemans Sport, 2004 GTO, and 2006 GTO. My newer GTOs were bought new and the '04 currently has 108k miles with only three bolts having ever being removed from the engine itself. My '06 has 11k miles and original down to the tires. I daily drive the '04 and cannot seem to get tired of it. Yes the seat seams are split and the sunvisor is broken. But I have never kept a car for twenty years and this car is still amazing to me. These cars, along with my 2004 GMC Envoy 5.3 are what drove me to respect the LS engines so much. The cars drive great, ride good, and are dead nuts dependable. The a/c system hasn't been touched but still blows cold without any wierd noises from the compressor. At 108k, (or maybe I should say at twenty years old) there are some rubber bushings that will need replacing, and there is some differential whine that will need to be addressed. But for me, after owning a car for twenty years and only spending minimal dollars on repairs, I think these are pretty good cars that perform very well. IF YOU KEEP THEM STOCK! I also found that several factory assembly tasks were not performed correctly such as the proper positioning of the shock and sway bar bushings and the associated washers. In my opinion these mistakes led to complaints about handling and premature wear on certain parts. Either way, I LOVE these cars.

The Following User Says Thank You to pont3 For This Useful Post: