View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 09:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
Depends on whether you want to spend the money on the fancy stuff with external adjustability or not.

I simply run the basic Competition Engineering 3 ways. Yes they have to be removed to adjust but I find it's not even necessary to deviate from the dragstrip setting anyway and just street drive them as is.

It's not like all the horror stories you read on the internet, not even close.

I leave the front set at 90/10 and the rear 50/50. Street drive them everywhere like that and have been for more than 30 years. All I do to go from street to track is unhook the sway bar end links and go racing.
On the street the functional sway bar tames down the 90/10 shocks to a point you hardly even know they are there.

Dad uses the Summit brand of the same shocks, and he also leaves them 90/10 and 50/50. Just hook up the front sway bar and street drive it everywhere. It's just not a big deal. Even on the twisty mountain roads.

Shocks with fancy knobs might be nice but to be honest I'd probably find the setting I want and then never touch them again so the old 3 ways do me just fine.
same thing i was saying, all comes down to budget & purpose of the car. almost $1000 for the fancy drag shocks is ridiculous for a mostly street car IMO, those are more intended for serious racers. ~$160-200 for 4 drag shocks that also handle decent on the street is a much better value for the average street strip car.

the summit shocks are basically the same as the comp or lakewood drag shocks just a little cheaper priced. they were sold by PTFB for auto cross or road racing too and when set to the middle or firmest settings they handle very good too.

i leave the rear at 50/50 since i didnt notice much if any difference on the softest setting at the track. but for the fronts 90/10 is too soft for street use, very bouncy & floaty compared to the firmest setting... for my car that sits pretty low the soft setting is too bouncy with my low headers so i prefer to set them firmer for street use since im on the street 90% vs the track. takes all of about 15 minutes to remove them to change settings when im swapping on the drag wheels & other changes for track use.